It’s nearly party season, and we’ve teamed up with London’s most luxurious barbers, Murdock, to give away a top-drawer male grooming experience. Even if you’re a lady and not really biologically eligible for a Proper Shave or beard shaping sesh, it is still totally worth entering because a) it literally takes less than a minute b) you can gift it to one of the gentlemen in your life in exchange for, say, some fancy cocktails. The total prize is worth a whopping £155, so it’s a super bargaining chip. 😉
The lucky winner will need to set aside some time from their busy schedule for two hours of premium pampering, which includes a consultation with an expert barber, shampoo and haircut, luxury wet shave or beard reshape, Murdock’s signature revitalising facial, complimentary beer and whisky, and either a male manicure or shoe shine. Book yourself in before the work Christmas do, a trip to the in-laws or a big New Year’s Eve bash – or treat yourself in January as a pick-me-up when you’re suffering post-party burn-out.
My boyfriend Mike gave it a whirl last week (after we took the afternoon off to go ice-climbing!) and he absolutely bloody loved it. Even the manly manicure, which he was initially scared of beforehand but ended up being his favourite part. It actually got a bit annoying because he kept on touching my face yelling, “Feel how soft they are!” (He’s the kind of bloke who, left to his own devices, would wash his face with hand soap, so this is kind of a bit deal.)
The prize also includes The Gentlemen’s Skincare Set, worth £35, which includes lots of lovely products to help combat the hideous effects of cold weather, aggressive central heating and the upcoming party season. In fact, if you’re caught in the gift-giving limbo that is Shopping For Men, check out their other Christmassy bits. I bought my flatmate James 1 a cut-throat razor for Christmas four year ago and it’s still going strong, and my dad has one of their badger brushes. (Gentlemen, I’ve seen the price of disposable razor blades and you simply must get on board with the old-fashioned ones. You’ll cut your face to ribbons the first few times but you’ll save an absolute fortune. Skin grows back after all.) Murdock is a London brand and only has branches in London (and Paris!), but its range of men’s grooming products is available anywhere via the magic of the internet.
But if you fancy your chances at getting these awesome prizes for free, entering is easy! And you can earn up to four entries if you’re on both Twitter and Facebook.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions:
- The competition runs from Monday 21st November 2016 until 11:59pm on Friday 25th November 2016.
- The winner will be chosen at random and announced no later than Monday 28th November 2016, and be contacted by email and/or Twitter within 24 hours.
- The winner will receive an experience gift certificate for The Murdock London Luxury Full Service, worth £120, and The Gentlemen’s Skincare Set, worth £35. The prize will be sent by post within five working days, subject to stock levels.
- The experience gift certificate is valid for 6 months from date of issue and appointments must be booked in advance.
- The experience gift certificate is redeemable in any of Murdock’s London stores. (Find your nearest branch here!)
- No cash alternative.
- By entering this competition you agree to be added to Murdock’s mailing list.
Author: Emily Gibson
Emily is an urban adventurer, blogger and
glutton foodie on an epic quest to uncover the best things to eat, drink and do in London. She lives in East London and loves ceviche, cycling and magic shows. Lifelong nemeses include beetroot, beards and wine served in tumblers.